© 2019 Right Tree Consulting, LLC. All rights reserved.
Right Tree conceived the "NYC Family Strong" theme to unify all activities across the month. We engaged Van Gennep Design to create a compelling new visual brand that ACS continues to use well beyond the original promotional window.
We developed an organizing framework featuring the "pillars of prevention" (Community, Connection, Education, Enrichment, Stability, Safety, Spirit, Wellness). This guided recruitment of diverse agencies and organizations serving children and families to secure their participation in the campaign's signature event, The Party for Prevention at St. Mary's Park. Located in Mott Haven, this large-scale, family-friendly event became a valuable information and resource-sharing hub for South Bronx families in a community district with a 42% poverty rate.
Right Tree also ensured all related agency activities, communication, and promotional vehicles were fully integrated into the April campaign. This included supporting a companion social media effort that highlighted prevention tips for families, encouraged New Yorkers to get involved, and featured posts from child welfare professionals, city leaders, and advocates describing what makes their family strong.
In 2016, Right Tree facilitated an accelerated planning process to help the NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS) and its partners launch a citywide outreach and awareness campaign during Child Abuse Prevention Month (April). Our consulting team collaborated with a 25+ member Steering Committee representing multiple ACS divisions and programs, city agencies, community-based organizations, and neighborhood networks focused on supporting child safety and well being. ACS envisioned a full month of hosted activities and awareness efforts to promote their 360° approach to strengthening families. The agency also wished to engage more New Yorkers in child abuse prevention strategies in their communities.
• Developed a positive new campaign brand identity conveying the agency's year-round efforts to strengthen and support families.
• Recruited and coordinated the participation of 80+ organizations for the "Party for Prevention" -- the agency's largest and
most diverse resource provider showcase offering to date.
• Mobilized committee members and community partners to distribute 10,000 postcards and posters throughout the South Bronx.
• Presented a polished, high-profile, outdoor event connecting thousands of people to essential preventive programs and services.
• Established new agency partnerships and improved internal capacity for future campaigns and hosted events.